REQUIREMENTS TO IMPORT DOGS/CATS INTO THE UNITED KINGDOM FROM THAILAND
- Microchip must be inserted before rabies vaccine is administered
- 1 month after the rabies vaccine is administered; the blood sample can be drawn and must be sent to approved EU lab for rabies blood test. If pet have an up to date rabies vaccine (no lapse), no need to wait 1 month after the rabies
vaccine is administered. In this case, blood sample can be drawn anytime.
- Cats/Dogs can only be shipped 3 months after the blood sample was drawn.
- For dogs, worm treatment is required - It must be administered within 5 days of arrival but not less than 24 hours of
arrival in UK. Your dog must be treated against the tapeworm Echinococcus multilocularis using an
approved/licensed veterinary medicine whose active ingredient is Praziquantel, or an equivalent product. You should
check with your vet to ensure the correct treatment is used.
- International health certificate, export license, and EU veterinary certificate-This will be facilitated by United Pet Express.
- Copy of owner’s passport
- Customs Form (this will be provided by Us)
Original documents to come along with the pet(s)
1. International Health Certificate and Endorsed EU Veterinary Certificate (this will be provided by Us)
2. Vaccination Records -The record must have pets' vaccination histories with tattoos or chips, rabies shots (anti-rabies
inoculation) older than 30 days but it must not be expired.
3. Rabies blood Test
4. Microchip Certificate
- Pet owner must arrive in the UK within 5 days of pet(s) arrival in the UK. Otherwise shipment will be considered as commercial.