REQUIREMENTS TO IMPORT DOGS/CATS TO ISRAEL FROM THAILAND
- Microchip must be inserted before rabies vaccine is administered
- 30 days after the rabies vaccination, A serological test for the animal, carried out on a sample taken by an approved veterinarian and tested in an OIE-approved laboratory, which states that the rabies neutralizing antibody titer was equal to or greater than 0,5 IU/ml.
- For dogs, worm treatment is required- It must be administered within 10 days of arrival but not less than 24 hours of arrival in Israel. Your dog must be treated against the tapeworm Echinococcus multilocularis using an approved/licensed veterinary medicine whose active ingredient is Praziquantel, or an equivalent product. You should check with your vet to ensure the correct treatment is used.
- The import must be accompanied by an official veterinary health certificate, which was issued not more than 10 days prior the arrival and signed by a government veterinarian of the country of origin, that follows the model certificate, annex A, attached to the import permit, and which constitutes an integral part of it.
- International health certificate, export license, annex A and Veterinary Certificate for Dogs and Cats entering Israel-This will be facilitated by United Pet Express.
- The dog/cat shall be no less than 4 months of age upon arrival in Israel.
- No person will import an animal unless through the following ports of entry: Ben Gurion Airport, Haifa seaport, Ashdod seaport and Eilat seaport.
- It is prohibited to import a dog belonging to a dangerous breed , as well as a dog that is the result of a cross with a dangerous breed and that exhibits behavior patterns and physical traits similar to those of a dangerous breed. Excluding exceptional instances, accompanied by a license from the director as set out in the said regulation.
- Copy of owner’s passport
Original documents to come along with the pet(s)
1. International Health Certificate and Endorsed Veterinary Certificate for Dogs and Cats entering Israel.
2. Vaccination Records-The record must have pets' vaccination histories with tattoos or chips, rabies shots (anti-rabies inoculation) older than 30 days but it must not be expired.
- The dangerous breeds are: American Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Amstaff), Bull Terrier, Argentinean Dogo, Japanese Tosa, Staffordshire Bull Terrier (English Staff), Pitt Bull Terrier, Brazilian Fila and Rottweiler.
Reference : https://www.zm.gov.lv/public/ck/files/PVD/Celosana_ar_dzivniekiem/Import_Dogs_and_Cats2010ENGLISH%20ISRAEL.pdf