REQUIREMENTS TO IMPORT DOGS/CATS TO THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA (SOUTH KOREA)
- Microchip must be inserted before rabies vaccine is administered
- 1 month after the rabies vaccine is administered; the blood sample can be drawn and must be sent to approved lab for rabies blood test. Blood Titer Test administered more than 30 days but less than 2 years prior to entry.
※ For a list of internationally approved laboratories for rabies antibody tests, visit: http://ec.europa.eu/food/animal/liveanimals/pets/approval_en.htm
- International health certificate, export license, (This will be facilitated by United Pet Express.)
- Copy of owner’s passport
Original documents to come along with the pet(s):
1. International Health Certificate
2. Vaccination Records -The record must have pets' vaccination histories with tattoos or chips, rabies shots (anti-rabies inoculation) older than 21 days but it must not be expired.
3. Rabies blood Test
4. Microchip Certificate
5. Airway Bill
- Export requirements are based on following the import requirements of the importing country.
Reference : https://www.qia.go.kr/english/html/Animal_livestock/02AnimalLivestock_007-8.jsp