REQUIREMENTS TO IMPORT DOGS/CATS TO NEW ZEALAND FROM THAILAND
- Pets coming from non approved countries such as , China, Thailand , India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Brazil , Russia and others will no longer need to wait for the entire 6 months at the approved country like Singapore or Malaysia in order to fly to New Zealand.
- The days of the long 6 month boarding requirements in a “third country” are effectively over. The pets are now able to have the initial blood work for Australia (RNATT Blood test – Rabies Antibody blood test) done in the country where they are living. The blood test will be then sent to an approved lab.
- The dogs can remain in that country until it is time to move to the intended approved country of export which may be approximately between 45-60 days prior to the Australian departure. This saves at least 4 months of boarding costs and reduced time away from the family. Initial blood draw for the RNATT blood test (Rabies antibody blood test) must be undertaken at the country where the pet is living.
** blood sample must be tested at an approved lab in Australia or any other approved laboratories
- The animal must wait 180 days from the day of testing before it can depart to New Zealand - All remaining blood tests must be done in the intended approved country of export ( as in the tests that are required within the 45 days prior to departing)
- Microchip must be inserted before rabies vaccine is administered
- Dogs and Cats worm treatment is required It must be administered within days of arrival but not less than 3 days of arrival in Singapore or Malaysia. Your dog must be treated against the tapeworm Echinococcus multilocularis using an approved/licensed veterinary medicine whose active ingredient is Praziquantel, or an equivalent product. You should check with your vet to ensure the correct treatment is used.
- International health certificate, export license, and Singapore veterinary certificate-This will be facilitated by United Relocations.
- Copy of owner’s passport
Original documents to come along with the pet(s):
1. International Health Certificate and Singapore Veterinary Certificate
2. Singapore Import Permit
3. Vaccination Records-The record must have pets' vaccination histories with tattoos or chips, rabies shots (anti-rabies inoculation) older than 21 days but it must not be expired.
4. Rabies blood Test
5. Microchip Certificate
6. Airway Bill
- Export requirements are based on following the import requirements of the importing country.